Stouffville GO Line
Today, GO Transit’s Stouffville line provides weekday rush-hour train service between Lincolnville and Toronto. Trains run south in the morning, and north in the afternoon.
Now, through its Regional Express Rail project, Metrolinx is embarking on a massive transformation of the existing GO rail system to deliver a whole new rapid transit experience to your community. With frequent two-way, all-day train service 7 days a week, you’ll have more options to get you where you need to go.
Average times between trains are shown. Actual times may be shorter or longer depending on location and departure time.
There will be more trips at every stop along the line, bringing more transit choices to Whitchurch-Stouffville, Markham, Scarborough, central Toronto and neighbouring communities. Everyone will benefit from more:
- With more frequent service between Whitchurch-Stouffville and Toronto and all stops along the way, you’ll have more ways to connect to the things that matter
- With new electric trains that accelerate faster, your journey times will be cut by up to 20%, so you’ll spend less time getting there and more time being there
- More GO train trips means fewer cars on the road – in the next 10 years, weekly trips across the entire GO rail network will grow from about 1,500 to nearly 6,000, making it easier to choose transit first
- Live, work and play where you want, when you want – frequent all-day service that connects with local transit like YRT/Viva and the TTC will strengthen ties between every community along the line
- Stouffville Corridor Expansion Program
- Preliminary work: Removing Fences and Vegetation
- Rail Corridor Grading Work
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Stouffville RER Corridor Projects
c/o Azim Ahmed
Tel: (416) 202-5306