Large Witt 3000 leads a trailer train and a lot of Yonge streetcars during a bitter winter day in 1954, illustrating the need for the soon-to-open Yonge subway - Photo by Julian Bernard, donated by Curt Frey
The City of Toronto takes delivery of the Toronto Civic Railway's first four cars at a temporary yard on Coxwell Avenue, on December 14, 1912. These cars were built by the McGuire-Cummings Manufacturing Company. Car #2, in the lead, would be renumbered TCR #121 in May 1916, and then TTC #2122. It would end its days as a snow sweeper. Photo courtesy the Toronto Archives.