Metrolinx/TTC Follies - The Existing Scarborough RT Was A Mistake!!!
"For #ScarbTO the #SRT was the worst possible solution at the worst possible time, and yes, it has set transit in Scarborough back for decades - #SmarterTracks"Phil Prentice on Twitter - Nov 29'18
"Cost of rapid transit between Kennedy Station and Scarborough CentrePhil Prentice - Apr 16'17
- Dedicated (Streetcar) LRT Line - $85 million
- Subway - $213 million
- Scarborough (ICTS) RT
- Initial cost - $103 million
- Changes and cost overruns - $93 million
- Cost at time of opening (1985) - $196 million
- Additional changes and issues after opening - $27 million
- Final cost - $223 million
The Scarborough RT ended up costing $10 million more than it would have cost to build a subway in the first place
SOURCE: Transit Toronto - http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5107.shtml"